Tuesday 9 April 2019

Fiction Story: Sehaj And Sabba Blog 6

Continued from Fiction Story: Sehaj And Sabba Blog 5 


Why didn't I pick up the phone and call him? Why didn't I ever tell him that I really love him? Why did I keep all my warm feelings for him unexpressed? Sabba kept asking these questions while looking at the lifeless body of her husband through the glass door of the I.C.U.

They said, he is very much alive and just in coma. I can't understand how can these nurses be so casual about saying he is  "just" in coma? Look at the loss that I am feeling, It is not "just" a coma, it is the "life" of my husband we are talking about.

What if I  lose him forever? Allah rehem karna. I will never ever ask anything else from you in life. 
Please Allah, rehem karna. Sabba controlled her sobs, they were struck inside her. She could actually feel pain in her chest area. She looked at Daima cradling Sehaj as if nothing has gone amiss. Sabba could not even imagine what her mother in law must be going through. 

If Sehaj gets a minor fever, I feel totally upset and helpless. She has to see Farhan is much worse state, what with all those wires running through his system, trying to keep him alive while lifeless.

She looked at Faizal Ali standing lonely at the far end of the corridor. The tall, proud, well built Pathan She knew as her father in law now appeared to be just a husk of his former self.

It is as if their lives were just plug ons to Farhan's. Why aren't they saying anything to me? Why aren't they talking to me? Why aren't they blaming me for Farhan's accident? After all, if I had been home, he would never have left for the late night motorcycle ride.

The moment our land line phone started ringing at 3 am in the night, I knew it is bad news. I had a piercing dread that something wrong had happened but never in my life did I think that the call was to inform that my husband of just 1 yr is now fighting for his life in the I.C.U.  

Why Allah? Why did this have to happen to me?? What did i do to deserve such fate in life???

To be continued...

Disclaimer: This blog series is a work of pure fiction. Only names, characters, free images, events and incidents are the products of the author’s life experiences at various times. Total resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Author in no way wants to hurt anyone and is just attempting some creative writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment