Thursday 28 May 2020

The power of imagination






So, this blog is for all those wanderlusts who are caged in their houses due to the “you know who” virus.

This pandemic has given me a very profound understanding about myself. As in some of my self-reflections also put light on the fact that I just say that when I’ll have all the money I want  – I’ll travel the world. But the truth is, I just like the idea of spending carefree moments chilling, soaking up nature. 

In fact, the last couple of travel trips that I had, I could not sleep well because of the new locale, new bed, new noise. One hotel room was so horrifying because I knew there were 2 big lizards on the ceiling and I spent the whole night being so alert to noises and its movement that sleep was pathetic and so was my mood the next day of this trip 😴

Anyhow, I realized while I may have some struggles with it, I do like the notion of travelling and seeing different places, new cultures and new breadth taking views. But it would still be nice to have my own bed and my own comfortable room to sleep in at the end of the day. This gave me the brilliant idea 😎 I could have best of both the worlds during this pandemic 😇

I have started watching youtube videos of different places that catch my fancy for the day. I have learnt that you can put the key words “4k”, “utra HD”, “drone view” after any exotic place you wish to see and you will get a fantastic tour of the place. Put on your horse blinders and just focus on the sights - imagining yourself at the place. With practice, you will start feeling as if you really are there - soaking all the beauty in front of you. All this in the comfort of your pyjamas, in your bed, in your bedroom and in a very cost-effective way 😺

And while this may not be a very appealing idea to the traveler in your heart, come on buddy, it’s still a good option with the current restrictions of movement due to the “you know who”.

So, thanks to the power of imagination – I am both visiting all sorts of beautiful places creatively and getting the same feelings of thrill, excitement when watching a beautiful sunset or a beach with blue waters.

What are the ways in which you have been using your imagination and creativity in this phase of your life?

P.S: Ibiza, Positano, Switzerland, Como Lake, Iceland with the beautiful sighting of the Northern lights are all the places I have visited and enjoyed 😀 Needless to say virtually on my HD screen 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment