Wednesday 27 November 2019

People and their liking change!





The biggest example for this is me!

As a small kid, I used to hate my drawing art classes - one, because I was not good at it and two, it just didn't interest me at all. 

It was a struggle to sit through an hour long class and see my classmates creating beautiful things - drawing and painting like pros while I used to struggle to get the 'D grade' 😞

The only saving grace was that art class was never a deal breaker for passing and going to the higher standard. There were always 2-3 options in our final art class examinations as below:

1. Still life Painting - Arrangements of real objects which students had to replicate by looking at it. (Horror story if I even tried to attempt it - It never even had a semblance to the objects placed right in front of my eye).

2. Imaginary Painting - A theme based depiction like village life/vegetable market. (Another repulsive story cause my human figures always looked disfigured and ugly)

3. Painting in given geometric shapes - Each year final exam had different geometric shape mentioned and students just had to fill it up to finish the art exam. (Pure savior for me!!) 😇

So I would somehow sail through my art class final exams by always drawing huge hearts and flowers in any geometrical shape that was given and painting it to the best of my abilities.

Who would have thought I would use the same technique to create my blog images 20-25 years later!! 🙌

And the fun fact is, I actually enjoy creating the images, pouring my heart into selecting the palette of my blog images, selecting the font type for the message in it! Still not sure if I am any good at it but who cares? I have had enough 'D' grades to not bother and enough self worth to create things for the love of it.  

Change is the only constant!

Cheers to that ✌


No comments:

Post a Comment