Thursday 12 December 2019

Tale of hope





Hope:

A feeling of anticipation, a yearning for a particular thing to happen.

A feeling of trust, belief that things will turn out ok.

Wanting something to happen as per one's wish.

For me, hope is that feeling I rely on when things in life seem to go topsy turvy. It's my best friend who pulls me out from the despair caused due to life's rigmarole. It's always on my speed dial when I am stressed and need some solace. Past few days have been tough and I realised the only thing I was desperately clinging to was "HOPE".

Hope for better days to come, hope of a better and brighter future.

In parallel, I came across a fellow human being, who was facing a myriad of troubles in her life. She seemed to have given up on a better future and worst given up on herself. I had a tough time seeing her struggle through life.

I was desperate to help but she was totally closed to receive any help. A very difficult situation. For days on end, I would struggle to make her understand that she has the power to change her life. It's just that she had to take the responsibility to make changes for the betterment. But nothing I said or did helped in anyway 💔

And that's when it hit me suddenly, she had lost all hope, all desire to better her life. To want a better future. This really saddened me to a great extent and that's when I researched the below findings:

1. Nurturing hope is a continuous process, it cannot be suddenly called upon when in tough times.

2. You have to cultivate hope in your persona by believing in some supreme power/being, by accepting life situations as they are and cultivating a positive thought pattern for better outcomes in future.

3. Hope is an ongoing process of choosing positive emotions like optimism, devotion, compassion,  trust and self confidence. It requires self-discipline of not succumbing to negative emotions like anxiety, stress, fear or doubt.

Yes. 'Hope' is hard work but then it can be your best arsenal when in tough times!

Wishing you loads of love, happiness and all things good!

Keep hoping for the best 💖💝✌

No comments:

Post a Comment