Friday 13 December 2019

Disconnect





So recently I experienced the following episodes:

1. An old man was standing bang in the middle of the road, squinting and trying to read on his mobile. Fortunately the road was not very crowded so there was no risk to his safety.

2. An old man whose usual dinner time is 8 pm waits for his son for dinner till 10 pm. The son is usually late from his office and eats his dinner alone so the father wants to give him company this day. Unfortunately, when they sit for dinner, the son starts watching some YouTube video and the old man is eating his meal silently. Together they ate but alone they were.

3. I was in a family function. All my cousins were sitting together in a huge circle. Irony of it - all of them were busy looking at their phones. I tried to capture the scene for this blog but everyone realised I was clicking a photo and started looking at me with a huge cheerful smile.

When I had written this blog When you are addicted to technology..., I was going through a phase of realisation that I myself was addicted to the cell phone. So these days I have started to consciously try and find ways to disconnect every once in a while. And it's a miracle when you do it. 

You start taking more interest in the people around you, the life you are supposed to live. It gives you more time for self reflection. You start wanting to do something actively and end up being productive. So for me, these technology breaks work fabulously.

Go ahead, do try to go offline please!



No comments:

Post a Comment