Tuesday 9 October 2018

The right start!





I usually do not prefer reading the news paper, following new channels on TV/Internet first thing in the morning. I noticed more often than not,  the top head-lines contains "not" so positive news.
E.g. : assault/rape cases, plummeting stock markets or  deaths due to natural calamities/accidents. I get affected at some deep level and feel unsettled when I read these news articles. I accepted the fact that I am not really made up of iron to read the gory updates and go through the day unaffected.

So no news first thing in the morning. Then how do I start my day? 

I kept reading about all the successful people and their morning routines. Most of them, if not all, start their day with some sort of self care and love. Taking a clue, I enrolled for a meditation session and learnt the right way to do it. I think with that I gifted myself a life skill.

Now I have built up a morning routine as below:

1. After waking up, Thanking God for giving me one more day on this planet - 1 min
2. Hydrating myself with plenty of water. Warm water, if the climate is chill - 2 mins
3. Warm up and some exercise - 20 mins (Listen to music or do it with my partner to make this enjoyable)
4. Meditation - 10 mins.  
Total - 33 mins that set me up for an awesome day ahead.

There are few more things that I want to incorporate in my morning schedule like eating some fruit, writing in my journal etc. Planning to do that eventually but it is a good start to feeding my soul some good things☺👸 

Motto is to live today better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment