Tuesday 15 September 2020

A Cooking Fiasco??!!

 



It is 12.30 pm.

The hunger pangs are very strong for both my husband and me.

There is just one teeny weeny problem here.

The lady who cooks lunch has not yet done it today. 

Oh yes, I am talking about myself!! 😀😛.

There are days like today when I really wish that I had a 'cordon blue chef' waiting for my orders to start cooking for me and mine, in my kitchen.

But well, now that I have wasted a lot of time in day dreaming with no results, I have to prepare some food. Because I do become the “hangry” lady who starts shouting for no reason. And it will be an extreme torture for my poor man to handle both: his own hunger and the hangry lady at the same time 😊 😉

Anyway, I tell myself, 'I can totally ace the cooking game' – One big pressure cooker can solve all my problems. So I use the double decker – one filled with red pumpkin and other with Toor dal.

The easy part was done! Fixed the menu -- Pumkin Sabji (vegetable) and Dal (yellow lentil), some salad and chapatis!

Now, the difficult part, is making chapatis because I never get it right. Either the shape is not right or the roasting goes wrong.

Anyway, I put all my concentration into making the chapatis (totally forgetting the cooker)! Not like it was miles away from me but somehow, I still lost the count of the whistles from the cooker and the pumpkin was too squishy. While in parallel, to my horror, the onion and cumin seeds tempering that I had prepared for the dal got burnt too.

So in a last-ditch attempt to make some sense of all my cooking, I mixed it all up - the squishy pumpkin, the burnt tempering and the dal.

And Oh My God!    

You should have been here to taste it for yourself! 

It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

It tasted like a hotel served “dal tadka”.

The best part: my husband loved it and even praised it saying "its totally different than your usual style" 😂


Whatever happens, happens for the best!

 

P.S: I can confess to you dear reader:

1. I told my husband I prepared Dal Tadka with Chapati 😈

2. It may have been our acute hunger which added to the heavenly taste of the dal 😊

3. Maybe hotel chefs do put all their squishy unwanted veggies in the dal tadka, who knows 🙆


No comments:

Post a Comment