Tuesday 22 September 2020

Junk food craving?!

 


I did for a quick evening snack! Let me tell you, Maggi for me is an emotion. The emotion of happiness and joy because I associate it with my youth. It represents a big part of my hostel days, late night group studies ending up in gossip sessions with my mates or the good old canteen days with hot steaming Maggi.

It took me the health hazard of PCOD to realize that all that tastes good may not necessarily be good for my health. So now a days, I rarely have fast food - only when I am not planned for my meals in advance and it is a long time that I have not had any of the “tasty fast food”.  

So, while I don’t endorse it, I would surely like to highlight one major mistake that we tend to do when having the “forbidden food” i.e. Having it with guilt and remorse! You have decided to have it so you might as well enjoy it.

Coming to the point of why do we feel like having junk food? It’s either because we are not hydrated properly, are already having a very poor imbalanced diet or we have been having some underlying psychological issues which need to be addressed.       

There is a lot of research done which indicate that the reason why we cave in to our junk food cravings is because of the sudden rush of energy or mood boost that we get due to the stimulating effect of high salty/sugary/oily/spicy food content that we consume.  

So, I have started maintaining a food journal where I jot down everything that goes into my mouth because I even tend to majorly dehydrate myself (I just don’t drink water๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ž). This journal helps me keep a track of my food log and also decide when and how to schedule my cheat days!

As they say “To live a full life, you have to fill your stomach first”!

Cheers ๐Ÿ˜Š✌


No comments:

Post a Comment