Monday 28 September 2020

My experience of a digital detox…!

 



I had a nice refreshing weekend.

My weekend goals, as posted on my Instagram on Friday, were to spend maximum time with my loved ones, eat good food and sleep a little extra. The one thing I didn’t mention was “Digital Detox” because I was not really sure I would be able to pull it off.

Off course I consciously tried to avoid electronic gadgets (cell phone/TV/Laptop) as much as possible. But I realized that gadgets are so ingrained in our lives that it is difficult to part away. I use my phone as an alarm clock, as a camera to capture all precious moments, as a meditation guide through apps etc.

It was super funny to observe that the cell phone has started acting like the ‘id’ in me (Reference: Freud Psychoanalytic Theory) with no curbs on it. Whatever I wish to do, I have to do it along with or through my phone! Heck, it even gives me a notice that it’s time to drink water because for 2/3 hrs. on a stretch, I did not update my water consumption in the ‘water reminder app’.

Come to think of it – it is crazy 😮

How we dance to the tunes of a gadget. It tells us when to get up, what to do when we have any doubts about something (Google Devata) and where we are headed in life (literally by way of Gmaps and comparatively by way of Social Media Apps).

So, the verdict of my digital detox is a 4.8/10! I had to use the phone for:

1. Meditation app (I need peace!!)

2. Water app (come-on that falls in the 'essential')

3. I had to talk to my bestie (social needs)

I can proudly say I didn't see the TV but that's not really an achievement because I watched YouTube videos on my phone (inspiration for growth) 😂😛

So anyway, that was all about my weekend.

Today is a new day, new week and I am rearing to go on with my task lists!

PS: Have you tried a digital detox lately? How was your experience? Would love to hear from you 😉😊

 


No comments:

Post a Comment