Wednesday 2 September 2020

Meditation - It helps!

 




I was on a condolence call – she had just lost her dear father. Her voice was very calm and serene when she spoke of how they detected that her father had cancer and within 7 days she lost him. They had no time to treat him due to the difficult corona times and the unfortunate incident of doctor switching in those 7 days. The first doctor who diagnosed the cancer had to take some time off due to facing COVID symptoms.

She is very young and I was amazed by the matured way she was handling her profuse lose. Even elderly people would get flustered in such sudden unfortunate incidences of loss of a dear one!

Plucking up the courage, I asked her how did she handle things so calmly. She replied “Meditation. It helps.” 

That really blew my mind and somewhere deep down, I knew this was God’s signal to me to start my lost practice of meditation again.

I had started meditation during one of my low phases and really benefited by it. In those days, after continuous practice for 1 year, I had reached a point where nothing really fazed me. I could dissociate myself from any situation and overcome any turbulence in my day to day life.

Unfortunately, I was a fair-weather friend of “meditation”. I lost the practice when my good times knocked around the corner. It took the tough times of corona to remind me of it again. And my friend's simple but profound words – “Meditation. It helps.

P.S: How are you taking care of your mental health?

2 comments:

  1. Well written and the question in the end is aptly apt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Nuts!

    ReplyDelete