Sunday 13 September 2020

Sunday Special!

 


Hello Dearies,

Today I have got the Sunday thrills – it’s a feeling that I won’t be able to clearly define but even then, let me give it a shot.

“A happy feeling that for today you are your boss, today you can do anything with your time! It’s a liberation day” that’s what I mean by Sunday thrill :P

It’s a feeling that you have a choice to use your time like you wish to, no deadlines or work assignments/calls. Even your family members seem to be a little more relaxed!

So even if Sundays come every 7 days, the thrill I feel on each Sunday is just the same 😊😊

It’s like you have your life back, even if for a single day!

Here are some ways Sundays are special for me:

1. I consciously cook some yummy food and enjoy every morsel I eat with great gratitude.

2. I sip my coffee a bit longer – really savor it and there is no rush to finish it.

3. I take a nice cozy afternoon nap.

4. I pursue my hobbies: reading, writing!

5. I take some time for self-care – nice hair oil and luxurious warm scented bath!

6. I spend time with my loved ones. Earlier it used to be in person, now it’s on Video Calls. But hey, you do the best from what you have 😊

7. Try to learn something new – we are fortunate to have so many resources available to us. Last 2/3 times, I learnt some new cooking dishes on YouTube.

8. Catch up on your chores which have been pending through the weekdays, I do all my laundry on this day. I make it enjoyable by blasting some happy music and singing along!

9. Reflect on your past and plan for your future. Mind you, this should not happen with an anxious mind but with a calm mind. It is to aide you to be a better you (and not create any stress/tension, else it will be a futile exercise).

10. Spiritual Practices – I meditate on Sundays for sure. Nothing fancy – just chanting (japa) for 5-10 mins. Sometimes on Sundays I do it twice, once in morning and once in the evening. There is definitely some undeniable universal force which guides you.

P.S: Would love to know, how do you make your Sunday special??!


2 comments: