Wednesday 10 July 2019

Quest for perfection...


8 am: I am on "get things done" mode. Prepare roti, sabji, dal, chawal, salad for husband's lunch tiffin along with the breakfast of the day. These things matter the world to a housewife whose main KRA is to feed her family.

Chop chop chop - vegetables cut.

Suuusshhhh purrs the water in the cooker - wooohooooo. Cooker's whistle right on time.

Knead, roll and twist, roll and twist - The dough for rotis' done.

And so on, you get the gist.

10 am:  Hush, Done for now. Tiffin nicely packed, husband had to wait for 15 mins because I was running late. But that's fine. He will readily forgive me when he eats my tasty meal at lunch ☺☺
Feeling quite smug about it. Say goodbyes for the day and husband is off to office.

10.20 am: Decide I should reward myself a nice steaming cup of coffee. So prepare it and put it in microwave for heating, while I look outside at the pouring rain. It is bliss not having to rush to office in the pouring rains. Thank God !

The humming of the microwave, the coffee aroma is making me excited and I look forward to this day, in my happy bubble state!

10.30 am: I am about to settle down with coffee and a novel when the phone starts ringing.

Hubby calling! My happy bubble fluffs up a bit, "Wow, to say he loves me and to thank me for the Tiffin????!!!!"

"Hello Hubby!"

"Darling, I forgot my tiffin on the couch only. Really sorry!"

Whhhatttt???? Really??!

Someone burst my bubble for sure!

Guess, our quest for perfection is an ongoing journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment