Thursday 4 July 2019

Spurts of happiness...!




1. When I open the window to find 5 pretty pretty roses in my only plant. Oh Boy! It seriously makes you happy, so many roses blooming overnight!

2.  The first coffee of the day, more than the first sip it's the first whiff of that tantalising coffee aroma that makes me look forward to the day.

3. My hubby dearest's  huge ear to ear grin when I see him for the first time in the morning, that's his way of wishing good morning. And it does make my morning brighter and happier!

4. Suddenly knowing that your favourite author has a book coming up. Some people are really gifted, there is no book of her's that has not brightened my day. So the excitement and anticipation of reading the book.

5. Having that piece of soft, hot ball called 'gulab jamun'. Soaked in the sugar pulp and melting in your mouth immediately. Oh, just thinking about it makes me sooo happy!

6. Opening your gift wrap, the anticipation of finding out what your loved one has got for you!

7. Meeting a dear friend after some time and pouring your heart out. Knowing there is no way that your  bestie will judge you. Thank God!

8. Getting that spa after a long time! The knotted muscles slowly getting untangled along with all the tension being released from your body. That's sure refreshing.

9. Seeing small kids on their play ground. I love to do this very much. You invariably see those cuties smile and laugh often. Their unadulterated joy is contagious even from a distance!

10. The poise and calm you feel after a good sitting of meditation. The centered feeling which you get after a truly amazing session is something I wish I could carry with me always.

So these were my list of items which truly make me feel alive and kicking. I thought it was a good idea to pen them down and would propose you to do the same. Because in low times or during some life event which knocks you down, your mental faculties don't really function well.

You need some crutches to get you back to your happy self. This list comes in handy then. Just make yourself do one of listed items. It sure will improve your mood faster than anything else.

Cheers to your spurts of happiness!



No comments:

Post a Comment