Tuesday 18 June 2019

Break!




Today is Tuesday. We are not even done with half of our week. But my best friend seemed tired and lacklustre while going to work. I was wondering, how can that happen? There may be many plausible reasons. But knowing this person closely, I know it's because of monotony. 

It's June. Almost 6 months done in this year and this person has not taken a single leave. No, they don't even award "No absenteeism" Award in the corporate world.

Realised that the concept of being sincere in our work has been ingrained in us. If you don't fall sick, you don't miss school, is what our parents largely followed. Which is good but the trend continues as a pattern even when we grow up and join workforce.

The effects of long working hours and burnout are slow to be detected early on. So how do we beat it?

Breaking your pattern is scientifically proven to boost your productivity and creativity.

Changing your routine or adding some spice to it can help too.

If you always listen to music while on commute, for a change try some nice podcast of your favourite subject.

If you work 10 hrs a day almost all the time, for once try to wrap up at noon and take a mini break. Go to a music concert or learn floss dancing at home. 

I know, we love routines and some of them stick to us like second nature. Sometimes it's good to experience a change from the usual so that we also appreciate our routine.

I do that. I am a complete home body. I really like to spend time at home. So whenever I travel for leisure, more than anything else, I return back excited to be back at my haven 👏💃


No comments:

Post a Comment