Wednesday 26 June 2019

Dinner Time!








It is 7 pm. It's usually the time I start cooking dinner. Today I finished my cooking a bit earlier than usual so I have some free time. 

I look out from my window and just casually glance at the buildings opposite mine. From my vantage point, I could see the kitchen of all houses.

I was kind of amused to notice, every kitchen bar one (where single guys live) had the lady of the house cooking! Some I know personally, some I just know them visually. This must be a everyday scene. But I register it now, when I get time to pause and observe.

All ladies nurturing and preparing meals for the well being of their families, day in and day out.

In ancient times, Men used to do the dangerous job of hunting, which took up the entire day and would return home bone-tired.  So traditionally, women used to cook dinner after the men got their catch of the day. Thankfully with changing times, men got rid of this activity. But majority of women still prepare meals for their family.

If it was the earlier me, the unmarried and feminist one, I would have felt a tad bit sad. The "why us" would linger in my mind. 

Today I think of it differently. I like the fact that, I can nourish my people with the food I make. I love it when I see my man enjoy my home cooked meals.

 I realise that the food I prepare is also a source of energy for us. If I prepare it with good and positive emotions, the goodness reaches me and my loved ones.This knowledge also solved an age old question that I have had.

How does my mother cook awesome and tasty food day in and day out?

Why don't I ever remember, mommy dearest taking us out to eat dinner or get parcels at home?

Eureka! She must have always been privy to the knowledge, that her home cooked food, is our nourishment for both body and soul.

P.S: I feel ashamed, never to have thanked my mommy dearest for all her toil and efforts to cook food for us. Soo many years and still counting. And to think of it, she does it all with a smile! 
My Superwoman - All that I am, I owe to it to you!

   



No comments:

Post a Comment