Wednesday 12 June 2019

Smile!





They say, forgiveness actually frees you from all negative emotions like hurt, anger, blame and even hatred in some extreme situations. And I want to be free.

I am at this stage of life where I don't really carry any grudges towards anyone. But having a good memory makes it difficult to forget certain people who caused extreme discomfort to me with their behaviour.  

As Maya Angelou famously said  "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Being the extreme "feeling" person, I still struggle to forget certain people and the way they made me feel. So how do I forgive?

After a lot of contemplation, I realised that whoever it is - If they smile, they look good.  So recently I got into this weird habit of remembering people I marginally dislike and trying to forgive them by visualizing their smiling faces.

There is something charming in a true (mind you not fake), beautiful smile. It makes you feel really good. If you smile or you see someone else smiling, it does release some happy hormones.   

 Definition of smile (noun) According to Merriam Webster:

1 : A facial expression in which the eyes brighten and the corners of the mouth curve slightly upward and which expresses especially amusement, pleasure, approval.

2 : A pleasant or encouraging appearance.

To prove my point, I even dug out some photos of Hilter smiling. If you look at these photos without associating his deeds, even he looks good.

So let's keep smiling, who knows when someone will start liking (or forgiving) you because of it!
Also, who doesn't want some extra 'likes' in today's age? 👍


No comments:

Post a Comment