Friday 14 June 2019

My Stress buster!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



"I want a beautiful clean white sand beach with loads of coconut trees on its border.  The ocean should have wonderful green and blue water. And the sky should be perky blue with nice fluffy white clouds like candy floss.

Can you make it?", I asked doubtfully.

"Yes, I will." said Manu with full confidence in his skills.

I forgot all about this episode and life went on as usual.

Then one day, there it was. On my office bulletin board, A painting! Just as I described it.

Manu really made a custom painting for me. Just as I would like it. It was perfect and of extreme quality. One would think he is a seasoned painter!

But Manu was my department's office boy. He was a jolly fellow. But what got me talking to him was his dedication. Every day he would come to office at sharp 8 am before anyone else. Clean the desks, and keep things exactly as they were placed by the desk owner. He was sharp. He was just 18 and joined workforce as office boy to support his family staying in a remote village of India.

In a general conversation, he had told me he could not study due to lack of funds and family responsibility. But had he got a chance, he would have loved to study fine arts. He said he already paints some times and showed me some of his work. It was too good. All sketches, done from simple pencils.

Seeing his amazing talent, I gave him some cardboard paper and a box of crayons that I had. And he was so happy. His face glowed. He asked me if he could paint something for me. And just for fun, I had described my dream holiday destination.

"Manu what is this!!!!???", I exclaimed. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised.

"Sorry Ma'am, I did not understand how to show 'white' sand so had to colour it brown." Manu said with a faint smile.

Oh come on, he thinks I mind that???

I thanked him with all my heart for making my day (and many more that followed). Whenever I was stressed out, I would look at that painting. Imagine I was not in the office but on a beach. And instantly started feeling nice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment